Monday, November 3, 2008

Woof!

Lost all focus, shifted the mental and wound up in this, still a realm of the vocal shift, still in the world of beats; kicks and snares but now within the vocal content, stolen in whole and part by the skill, the delivery, my goodness the over whelming talents, it cannot be bottled up! …how this mind, my eyes have never met speaks in a tone I wish my own ability would allow, I listen and dismiss all the noise and whispers! in a room filled with all kinds of voices tongues un-understood and minds oblivious to this greater blessing…..headphones blare and this is my peace. A place I wish never to escape, a sickness I would rather die from before I find my healing…it IS my healing.
names and so called matured minds have tried to curb the influence of this now dominant and identified way of life. In truth its nothing like it was in its infancy, nothing like its parents, uncles and aunties but that’s the process with change, it grows despite our preferred. At times to the dislike of those who have seen its progress…or regress but with a turn, that it is nothing like it used to be expresses the impact the world has had on it! Its death has been announced by many, names that command an ear but Listen! to the passion that still leaks, see how the swagger, the clothes and the stories in their eyes still manifests its full-out life.

All the pages of life, all the experiences life throws, all the lessons bound to be learned and all the memories to be treasured, the cries, the “missing yous” even the laughters and getting out of controls are all said, sung and played within this and you question the necessity or the purpose…what she’s all about… look a little closer, open the mind wide enough to be truly touched and compelled, this wouldn’t be but God chose and God created so now listen…its hip hop, not the naked women or the obscene remarks nor the ill-reference but a spiritual link to how our minds become one with our hearts…this is real life!

No comments: